Women, Men And Sacredness
Oppression of women: When do we as men realize, of all the psycho spiritual sickness, greed, wars, abuses and neglects; this is the oldest and most heinous behavior happening on the planet? I say that because, the oppression of women leads to the abuse of children and the neglect of our own intelligent social maturity. The proof lies in the obvious broken homes, absolute dysfunctional behaviors, chaotic and unsustainable economics, explosive prison populations, addictions and more.
It has been proven that when women are empowered with small business loans, proper health care, education, and a healthy dose of respect; even in the most remote and lesser industrialized, economically challenged countries, the entire community improves. Meaning, the base line of their economy, well-being, education and healthy domestic behavior rises.
We dumb ourselves down in order to oppress women. One must have to be the most self centered un-evolved, knuckle dragging, sex starved, fear based, caveman (and that is probably harsh on cavemen) to think that control and abuse of women is going to help human beings, or any society or culture move forward in peace, health and happiness. Even a cursory view of history shows us that matriarchal social structures and true, honest, complimentary attitudes between men and women leads to an overall healthier society. While the opposite is obvious that a society led by men who willingly, by religious design and or male-centric competitive design, oppress and abuse women, children and other men. Every time has led humans into incoherent thinking, xenophobia, narcissism, megalomania, dis-compassionate and convoluted law making, addictions, abuse of power and yes genocide.
Healthy, gender complimentary societies didn’t evolve prisons, mental hospitals, addictions or domestic dysfunction. Furthermore the domestic violence that did/does occur was/is short lived and dealt with using methods that today are so foreign in modern law makers they have not, cannot or will not comprehend or even consider. In today’s world, it is nearly impossible for women’s voices to be heard, unless they speak and adhere to male contrivances of society and culture.To neglect, exclude, abuse or otherwise oppress our other half (literally) of the population is not evolved, not sincerely aligned with spiritual teachings, and borders on stupidity.Those gifts, insight, strength, creativity and more, that women possess are not just wasted, the lack of those gifts hinders all people and societies on an exponential level.
It is mind boggling that law is written in black and white terms, (often inspired and based on religion) and yet becomes a vague and ambiguous plea bargaining word smith, spin doctoring game, in which; if you pay enough (be it money, information or power) you can slide out of criminal allegations, as if they are trivial at best and a lie or illusion at worst. When in fact, we have thousands of generations of men and women with intelligence, experience and global wisdom to call on. This accumulation of experience and wisdom when properly employed could allow us to create laws, education, and consequences that are designed to inspire us to behave better as human beings, allowing us to truly get to the root of our societal aches and pains.
Yet the spin doctors do it again. Admittedly this not the seriously violent oppression of women in some countries, but it lends permission to the very “values” of inequality, injustice and oppression of women, the “free world” leadership says we are fighting against. At the time of this writing here is what is in store for us. This is reprinted directly from a website link.
Top 10 Shocking Attacks from the GOP’s War on Women
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t yet. Shocker.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can’t make this stuff up).
So, how to move forward; we need to be activists. There are many ways to be an activist. And for men I think the simplest and most direct way is to work on you. Read books of authentic history which reveal how women have been ignored or suppressed and how women have contributed throughout our human becoming-ness. Engage in personal development and emotional inquiry that will help you to become a more intelligent, inclusive man. We need to be vigilant in regards to the law makers, and the apparent pressure to “live and behave” in certain value systems.
I like to think the value system is pretty simple; men, women, children want to live in health, happiness, comfort and celebration. All people want this. It is, simply put, the life on earth value system.
We are all indigenous to mother earth.
Copyright (c) 2013 Robert Owens-Greygrass