TRANSPARENCY IN MARRIAGE
One thing that is lacking in many marriages that makes it difficult for many is transparency. Many people in marriage are simply not open to each other, this gives to lots of crisis and conflict in the family, if your home must be joyful, peaceful and blissful you and your partner must be open to each other, not giving room for doubt, distrust and suspicion. You must live a life of total openness without, ” dark rooms” ” skeleton” in your cupboard, nothing to hide everything is on the table.
That is what the bible describe in Genesis 2:25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.
To be transparent means to be open, candidly free from guile and to be frank.
Transparency in marriage simply means the state of been open, truthful, candid and frank with your spouse, it also means to be full of guile and dishonesty.
Marriage is known to be extremely difficult where husband and wife are not transparent to each other. It gives room for all manners of evil that have consumed many marriages.
Dangers of Lack of Transparency
Absence of transparency in Marriage has many dangers and grave implications on family life, in fact it is one of the reasons why marriage are crashing worldwide.
Let check some of the implications of failure of being transparent in marriage.
1. Suspicion: lack of transparency is the foundation of suspicion, because when there is no openness it gives room to wrong imaginations, negative thinking and jumping into conclusions which most of the time may not be the truth. Suspicion is known to lead to wrong accusations that can be really annoying leading to anger and every other negativities.
2. Distrust: when suspicion grows, it becomes distrust, which is killer of love and destroyer of marriage. Good Marriage is base on trust; so, when trust is broken marriage is almost over.
3. Fear: suspicion and distrust do generate fear and anxiety, because of lack of information, misinformation and uncertainty then surround the home and family life in a place where transparency is lacking.
4. Wrong accusation: distrust, fear and suspicion which are all off- shot of lack of transparency are known to lead to wrong accusations and counter-accusations which are very dangerous to the well being of the family life.
5. Conflict and Crisis: with suspicion, wrong accusation, fear and distrust in the house what do you expect? Conflict and crisis.
Lack of transparency is known to cause a lot of crisis as the couple begin to fight each other even when there is no cogent reason for it.
6. Rumor: One thing that is common in a home without transparency is the influence of 3rd party in marriage, bringing, rumors, misinformation, gossips and lies. Which do help to fuel conflict in marriage?
7. Lovelessness: There is no way love can thrive in a marriage where transparency is lacking, all that is common in this kind of homes are malice, anger, resentment, hatred and bitterness.
8. Sick Marriage: The end result of absence of transparency in marriage is bad and difficult marriage. What do you expect in a home full of distrust, fear, lovelessness if not difficult and terrible marriage?