Paleo Latte and Eggnog Recipes
The Paleo diet NO dairy products. Enjoy you favorite lattes and eggnogs with Paleo foods. Common Paleo milks are almond, hazelnut milk and coconut milk. Enjoy FREE Paleo Latte and Eggnog Recipes.
Dairy products are eliminated from the Paleo diet. Cow’s milk is a saturated fat rich in calcium. Paleo milks are substituted for cow’s milk for Paleo Lattes and Eggnog. Almond Milk, Hazelnut Milk and Coconut Milk are commonly used in Paleo Recipes. Almond milk from the almond nut unlike cow’s milk, almond milk is unsaturated fats and lactose-free. Like cow’s milk, almond milk contains calcium. Almond milk contains: magnesium, selenium, vitamin A and vitamin E. Hazelnut milk is milk from the hazelnut. Hazelnut milk is 75% unsaturated and lactose free. Coconut milk like cow’s milk is saturated fats and contains calcium. Unlike cow’s milk coconut milk is lactose free. Coconut milk also contains: magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, vitamin C and vitamin E. Soy milks, rice milks and oak milks are not allowed in Paleo diet. These milks contain soy, rice and gluten.
Coffee contains caffeine not allowed in the Paleo diet. Many people feel they need their java. Natural decaffeinated coffee can be used as an alternative to caffeinated coffee. Espresso coffee has less caffeine than filtered coffee. The latte recipes are dairy free conforming to Paleo diet but java included. What is a latte without coffee? FREE Paleo Pumpkin Latte Recipe, Paleo Iced Latte Recipe and Paleo Hazelnut Eggnog Recipe ENJOY!
Paleo Pumpkin Latte Recipe
Winter Holiday Latte. Almond milk is unsaturated fats, lactose-free and contains calcium.
– 2 cups almond milk
– 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
– 2 tablespoons raw honey (to taste)
– 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (unprocessed)
– 2 shots espresso (about 1/4 cup espresso or 1/2 cup strong decaffeinated coffee)
– In a saucepan combine almond milk, pumpkin and honey.
– Cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming.
– Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and spice, put into blender and blend for approximately 15 seconds until foamy.
-If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry about it – just whisk the mixture really well with a wire whisk.
-Pour into a large mug or two mugs. Add the espresso on top.
-Top with almond cream and add pumpkin spices, cinnamon or nutmeg
Paleo Iced Latte
– 2 shots espresso (about ¼ cup espresso or ½ cup strong decaffeinated coffee)
– 1/3 cup almond milk
– 3 teaspoons raw honey (to taste)
– 1 cup crushed ice
– ½ teaspoon nutmeg
– Pour coffee in 2 separate glasses.
– Stir in almond milk and honey (stir well)
– Fill glasses with crushed ice.
– Serve and top with nutmeg
Paleo Hazelnut Eggnog
– 4 cups hazelnut milk
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. ground clove
– 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
– 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
– ¼ cup raw honey
– 2 ripe bananas (peeled)
– Blend all together in a vita mix or blender. Add spices to taste.
– Remove from blender.
– Serve and top with nutmeg.
Paleo Mother Nature dairy-free latte and eggnog recipes for the Holidays and All Year Around.